A mosaic faience inscription on the entrance portal states that 'these buildings' were completed in 741H. Built for the theologian Muhammad Baba al-Qasim al-Isfahani the shrine consists of a muqarnas-vault entrance portal leading into a small square tomb chamber (converted from an octagon in 1880) and a larger square chamber beyond. A polyhedral tent dome covers the larger tomb volume, hemispherical on the interior, decorated with a pattern of 'ribs'. The entrance portal and the interior are covered extensively with mosaic faience of a high quality.
Arthur Upham Pope, "The Fourteenth Century," in A Survey of Persian Art. Ed. Arthur Upham Pope and Phyllis Ackerman, pp. 1052-1102. Tehran: Soroush Press, 1977.
Donald N. Wilber, The Architecture of Islamic Iran. New York: Greenwood Press, 1969. P. 182.