The Bara Sona Majid (literally, "large golden mosque") was built in 1526/932 AH by Sultan Nusrat Shah (r. ca. 1519–1532/924-938 AH). It is the largest building still standing in Gaur, a ruined city on the border of India and Bangladesh. It sits at the western side of a raised quadrangle, with eleven arched openings facing an entrance gateway and a lake. Gateways to the east and north remain, forming an open entrance courtyard. Forty-four small domes covered the interior, but only those covering a verandah to the front of the building remain. The veranda leads to a prayer hall of three by eleven bays. The mosque is built of brick, faced in plain stone with no carvings.