The Jami' Masjid of Burhanpur was begun by Adil Shah Faruqi in 1588/996 AH, with later repairs made by Akbar (r. 1556-1605/963-1013 AH) and Awrangzib (r. 1658-1707/1068-1118 AH). The plan is similar to the Bibi ki Masjid, with a prayer hall of five by fifteen bays and seventeen mihrab niches. The facade has fifteen pointed arches and is flanked by two minarets, with little exterior ornament.
Merklinger, Elizabeth Schotten. Sultanate architecture of pre-Mughal India, 114. New Delhi: Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers, 2005.