Located at the intersection of the the of Bab el-Oued and de la Casbah (Sidi Driss Hemidouche), the facade is lined with shops along these busy streets. The prayer hall is an an open space with columns, topped by a octagonal dome. There is a gallery on three sides of the prayer hall, and two galleries on entrance side across from the mihrab. The minaret at the northeast corner, once 15 m high, was shortened to 12 m during the colonial era. The msoque was used as a military pharmacy during the French conquest of Algiers, and subsquently converted to a church.After Algerian independence in 1962 it was returned to its original function as a mosque.
Dokali, Rachid. Les Mosquées De La Période Turque à Alger. Algiers: SNED, 1974.
Cohen, Jean-Louis, Youcef Kanoun, and Nabila Oulebsir. Alger: Paysage Urbain Et Architectures: 1800-2000. Besançon: Ed. De LImprimeur, 2003.
Ali Bitshin Mosque (Translated)
Jami' Ali Bitchin (Alternate transliteration)
Djama'a Ali Bitchin (Alternate transliteration)
Mosquee Ali Bitchnin (Translated)
Jama'Ali Bitshin (Alternate transliteration)
Mosquee Ali Bitchnine (Alternate)
Mosque of Ali Piccinini (Alternate)
Jemaa Ali Bitchnine (Alternate transliteration)
مسجد علي بتشين (Original)
جامع زوج عيون (Alternate)
Zawj Euyun Mosque (Translated)
Notre Dame des Victoires (Formerly known as)
1662/1072 AH, converted to a church in 1842/1257 AH, reconverted 1962/1381 AH, restored 2010/1431 AH