Erected during the reign of Sikandar Lodi (1489-1517), this square domed tomb was presumably built for one of his ministers. It has a two-storied exterior arrangement with projecting cornices, contrasted by the verticals of the iwan frame and arches. The portal frieze has square panels adorned with cobalt-blue glazed tiles imported from Persia that are not suitable for the local climate.
Nath, R. 1978. History of Sultanate Architecture. New Delhi, Abhinav Publications, 80.
Williams, John A. and Caroline. 1980. Architecture of Muslim India. Set 3: The Sayyids and the Lodis, 1414-1526. Santa Barbara, California: Visual Education, Inc.