Ankara Palas was constructed in 1927 as a residence for state assembly members. It is a stone masonry building with rich decoration and is considered an early example of the Turkish Nationalist style. It consists of a two-storey symmetrical and pitched roof building with a central entrance surmounted by a dome and flanked to either side by a tower.
The project transformed this deserted building into the state guest house. The programme includes a reception hall, a banquet hall, a tea hall, 38 guest rooms, and three suites. The main elevation was altered slightly with the introduction of an arched opening above the balcony.