Restoration and adaptive re-use of a house dating back to 1811 and located in the commercial area of Solo. The building formerly served as a residence for the artisans, dancers, and musicians of the royal court. It contains an art workshop, a dance theatre/studio with a capacity for 200, a library, an exterior 150-seat theatre, five guestrooms, and ancillary spaces.
Source: Aga Khan Trust for Culture
Studio Sono Seni Solo (Variant)
1811, restored 1998
Jl. Empu Gandring 40, Kemlayan, Surakarta, Central Jawa Province