Built in 1152 A.D., the tomb of Sufi saint Sheikh Yusuf Gardezi is perhaps one of the earliest existing buildings in South Asia with enameled tile work. Located inside the Bohar Gate entrance to the Hussein Aghai Bazaar, the tomb is unlike most others in the area with a rectangular hall and a flat, domeless roof. It is adjoined by a courtyard with numerous tombstones. The imambargah, or place for religious ceremonies, stands on the north side of the courtyard.
The exterior surface of the hall is completely embellished with patterned blue glazed tiles which are typical of the Multan region. The main entry to the hall is on the left side of the south façade, while a window occupies the right side. The main entry projects slightly outward and is celebrated with a decorated arch containing a patterned screen or jali. A rectangular pattern decorative panel above the arch further articulates the main entry which has two rectangular niches carved on either side. The window is also crowned by an arch and is screened from the courtyard with a porous jali. The cornice of the hall is a miniature replica of a fort's battlement and has a band in relief. Below the cornice is a calligraphic band.
The current building is a restored version of the original structure. Sheikh Yusuf Gardezi also has another tomb dedicated to him in Bhawalpur, Pakistan.