Khan al-Burghul is located near khan al-Nahhasin. The southern fragment of the khan dates back to the Mamluk period. It was renovated into a residence by Ala' Eddin Ibn Shihab Eddin Ibn Shibani in 1472. The northern part was built in the 16th century and became the British Consulate in the early 20th century. The khan was also used as the Poche family residence.
Rihawi, Abdul Qader. 1979. Arabic Islamic Architecture in Syria. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. 233.