The Koza (Cocoon) Han was commissioned by Bayezid II and built in 1490 in the market neighborhood between Ulu Cami and Orhaniye, to provide income for the sultan's mosque in Istanbul. The han has two stories of rooms with galleries around a courtyard. A classical Ottoman mescid stands on eight piers in the center of the courtyard clear of the path of pack-animals, with an octagonal ablution basin underneath. The cells around a smaller courtyard to the east of the han contain the stables and storage rooms. Koza Han remains a lively commercial center to date.
Baykal, Kâzim. Bursa ve anitlari. Turkey: Türkiye Anit-Çevre Turizm Degerlerini Koruma Vakfi, 1982.
Gabriel, Albert. Une capitale turque, Brousse-Bursa. Paris: E. de Boccard, 1958.
Goodwin, Godfrey. A history of Ottoman architecture, 77-78. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1997.