The Muallaq Mosque is located at the Haddadeen district. It was constructed at 1559 CE following the orders of Mahmoud Loutfi El-Za'im. The mosque's architectural style is Ottoman and occupies an area of 315 square meters. The name means "hanging mosque," because a large area of it is located at the top of a dome hanging on a narrow street. This small mosque, built in the middle of the 16th century, has a plain whitewashed interior with steps leading down to an attractive courtyard garden. The minaret is octagonal and unadorned.