The extension to a traditional Yemeni building consists of the addition of two upper floors to house Parliamentary offices and a meeting room. The existing building, an assembly hall, was probably built in the 1950's or 1960's, and was vacated when the previous imamate resettled to North Yemen. The addition, like the original structure, is a reinforced concrete frame. Infill and exterior facing is cut and dressed stone. Traditional Yemeni craftsmanship is evident in the stonework and the elaborate stone and plaster ornamentation.