This synagogue is located in the Jubarah district of Isfahan, close to the mausoleum of Kamal al-Din Isma‘il Isfahani, a well-known Persian poet (1172-1237 CE). This synagogue is quite visible in the neighborhood due to the recent demolitions around it. According to the local community, the building was built around 1910.
The entrance is located at the southern corner of the building. It leads onto a long corridor running along the southeastern wall until it takes a ninety-degree turn and leads onto a vestibule (hashti). This square-shaped vestibule gives access to the east end of the prayer hall, and to an irregular courtyard occupying the northwest corner of the building.
The prayer hall itself is centralized and symmetrical and is divided into three aisles by circular columns with square-plan capitals. The bema occupies the central bay of the central aisle, and is covered by a dome. The women’s area is located on the second floor that is a half-story on the southern side of the building. There is a window where the Torah is kept that faces Jerusalem. The basement of this synagogue houses a mikvah (ritual bath) and the tombs of several Jewish celebrities such as Mulla Ya'qub, the sponsor of this synagogue.
The building is still being used as a religious space and does not seem to have been renovated, however, it is in good condition.