Kankaria Talav is a large tank built as a reservoir for the city of Ahmedabad. It is located southeast of the historic walled city and was completed in 1451/854-855 AH.
The tank appears to be circular from afar but is in fact a 34-side polygon. Steps along the edges give access to the water. A small island with a pavilion known as Nagina Wadi occupies the middle of the lake. A causeway connects this island to the lake's south side.