Al-Omari mosque is located on the eastern end of the remains of Bahsita quarter, which was almost completely demolished as part of the Bab al-Faraj Development Project. It was constructed in 1328 during the reign of Sultan al-Nasser Mohammed. Its courtyard includes a small cemetery housing the tomb of Sheikh Hassan al-Maghribi.
Hadjar, Abdallah. 2000. Historical Monuments of Aleppo. Aleppo: Automobile and Touring Club of Syria (ATCS). 60.