Ibn al-Adim Madrasa, located in Bab al-Nayrab district, was built by the historian Ibn al-Adim between 1383-1401. The madrasa is made up of two floors of rooms and an iwan. The courtyard is surrounded by a row of columns with muqarnas capitals and a roof of stone tiles.
The madrasa is known by the name al-Tarnitaieh because the Mamluki Prince Sayf al-Din Tarnatay restored it in 1537, inscribing the date and his name on the main gate.
Rihawi, Abdul Qader. 1979. Arabic Islamic Architecture in Syria. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, 140.