The Mohamed Drissi Gallery of Contemporary Art is locating in a building that was constructed at the last years of the 19th century to serve as the Consulate of the United Kingdom. A small pagoda in the garden in front of the building is built over a fountain dedicated to Sir Reginals Lister, former British Delegate to Morocco who died in Tangier in 1912.
In 1990 the facility was converted into the Musée d'Art
Contemporain de Tanger, the first of its kind in Morocco. Renovations were carried out in 2006 and on the 12th of April 2007 the facility reopened as the "Galerie d'Art Contemporain Mohamed Drissi."
-Michael A. Toler, Aga Khan Documentation Center at MIT