Born in Jerusalem in 1945, Rasem Badran received his school education in the nearby town of Ramallah and later in Germany where he graduated in Architecture in 1970. Following his graduation, he worked in Germany for two years and then returned to Jordan in 1973 where he has since been practising. In 1995, Badran was a recipient of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture for the Great Mosque of Riyadh and the Redevelopment of the Old City Centre. (Source: AKTC)
Firm with Laith Shubeilat, formerly named Shubeilat Badran Associates, renamed Dar al-Omran.
The rectangular building site slopes downward, away from the main front road. The 240 m2 stone house is built in three sections. A living room, dining room, kitchen area in front is divided by two inner patios from a rear lower bedroom area on two levels. The entire building is surrounded by a landscaped garden. The building is a traditional stone construction with bearing walls and strenghtening columns. The thickness of the walls is 30 cm. The floors are concrete, and the ceilings are plastered.