Habib Fida Ali established the practice in 1965 as a sole proprietor. Prior to this he worked for William Perry following his graduation from the Architectural Association School of Architecture, London, UK.Born in 1936, Habib Fida Ali is a Pakistani national. He holds membership to Association of Royal Institute of British Architects (ARIBA) and Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners (PCATP) He travels extensively and has taught in Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture and NED University. His work was recognized by Institute of Architects Pakistan (IAP) who honored him with the lifetime achievement award. His involvement in project extends from strategic planning, through concept design and construction administration.
The project comprises two volumes linked on the ground floor only. A three-storey, central core block houses clerical and executive offices. The second volume, on four floors, contains public spaces for the employees, a multipurpose hall, and some services. Sculptural treatment of the stair wells, various stepped and cantilevered volumes, and a wide range of exterior surface treatments contrast with the office block. The principal structural system is a reinforced concrete frame, cast in-situ.