Habib Fida Ali established the practice in 1965 as a sole proprietor. Prior to this he worked for William Perry following his graduation from the Architectural Association School of Architecture, London, UK.Born in 1936, Habib Fida Ali is a Pakistani national. He holds membership to Association of Royal Institute of British Architects (ARIBA) and Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners (PCATP) He travels extensively and has taught in Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture and NED University. His work was recognized by Institute of Architects Pakistan (IAP) who honored him with the lifetime achievement award. His involvement in project extends from strategic planning, through concept design and construction administration.
The initital desire to have an ordered, module-based design was realized by designing a fan shape into a 24' square system of reinforced concrete frame. Mechanical and electrical services and employee facilities occupy one basement, while another is devoted to parking. The ground floor has a spacious lobby and a covered entrance with two separate ramps leading to the basement and upper level parking. The free standing grid of walls define the shape of the building and openness of the ground floor. Six upper floors accommodate offices.