Habib Fida Ali established the practice in 1965 as a sole proprietor. Prior to this he worked for William Perry following his graduation from the Architectural Association School of Architecture, London, UK.Born in 1936, Habib Fida Ali is a Pakistani national. He holds membership to Association of Royal Institute of British Architects (ARIBA) and Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners (PCATP) He travels extensively and has taught in Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture and NED University. His work was recognized by Institute of Architects Pakistan (IAP) who honored him with the lifetime achievement award. His involvement in project extends from strategic planning, through concept design and construction administration.
The chamber headquarters comprises offices serving the main secretariat, and a conference hall. The relatively closed exterior, the massiveness of exposed concrete, and the varying roofline are all intended to allude to forms typical to urban spaces of the Islamic region.