Bayt Junblatt is a historic mansion just north of Bab al-Nasr, one of the gates to the old walled city of Aleppo. The house's namesake is Junblat ibn 'Arbu, who built the house toward the end of the 16th/10th c. AH.
The house has a large central courtyard with a rectangular fountain at its center. The south side of the courtyard is occupied by a large iwan whose facade rises above the rest of the house. The interior of this iwan is decorated with tile revetments and marble dadoes. A smaller, second story iwan opens onto the north side, accessible via a staircase. The facade of the northern iwan is treated with alternating bands of black and white stone (ablaq).
The home was severely damaged during the Syrian Civil War.
Gaube, Heins, and Eugin Wirth. Aleppo: Historische und geographische Beiträge zur baulichen Gestaltung, zur sozialen Organisation und zur wirtschaftlichen Dynamik einer vorderasiatischen Fernhandelsmetropole. 2 vols. Wiesbaden: Dr. Ludwig Reichert, 1984. Cat. 253.
Al-Homsi, Fayez. Old Aleppo, 127. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage Publishing, 1983.
Sauvaget, Jean. “Inventaire Des Monuments Musulmans de La Ville d’Alep.” Revue Des Études Islamiques 5 (1931): 59–114.