Al-Bahramiyya Mosque, located in the Jallum district in midst of the main bazaar area, was built by Ottoman Governor (Wali) Behram Pasha in 1580. It is designed in the takiyya style and differs from the other Ottoman mosques in that the qibla wall is indented to form an iwan which forms the space for the mihrab.
Rihawi, Abdul Qader. Arabic Islamic Architecture in Syria, 231. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, 1979.