This two-storey building is an example of vernacular architecture of the late Georgian style. The walls are made of exposed burnt clay brick with mud and lime mortar. The roof structure is made of timber truss and covered over by wood shingles. The house was built in 1911 to house bachelor civil officers of the British administration. Some major changes have been made internally to adopt to the needs of the new office programme. However, externally it has been more or less faithfully restored. The roof had wood shingle cover unsuitable for the local climate. It has been replaced by specially manufactured asbestos tiles, maintaining the original visual character of the roof.