The San Francisco Muslim Community Center (SFMCC) was founded in the mid-1950s and until recently was housed in various locations in the Fillmore (Now Western Addition) district of San Francisco. As of approximately 2012, the mosque is located on Mission Street in the Excelsior District, in a former 99-cent store. This record on Archnet documents its former location immediately prior to the Mission Street site, on Divisadero Street.
SFMCC's location on Divisadero Street was a one room storefront in a three-level building built in 1909, with commercial space on the ground floor, next to an organic grocery store. On the building's facade was a two-dimensional representation of a dome, along with photos of sites of Islamic architecture.