Originally built from 1907 to 1910 from Fouchard’s designs during the French Colonial period, this largely abandoned railroad station was fortified and structurally reconstructed based on archival plans and adapted for commercial reuse to extend to a 1960s annexe. Currently housing boutiques, cafés and a community-oriented exposition hall, it was built of local bricks and stone, and imported glass, steel and furnishings which are especially notable in the roof structure and the ample windows. Located at the lowest point in city, it had suffered extensive damage from moisture and rust. The facade is designed in a symmetric scheme of arches encasing windows, punctuated by a central clock-tower. The arches on the interior are arranged in an arcade.