The shrine of Baba Shoja al-Din is located in the vicinity of Kashan, on the road to the village of Fin. The building likely commemorates a local Sufi saint. Although the existing building dates form the Safavid period (1501-1732), the tilework covering the sarcophagus bears the date 1375/777, which indicates that the building’s foundation dates back to the fourteenth century.
The shrine consists of a square courtyard surrounded with iwans and arched recesses containing gravestones from the Safavid period. To the south is an iwan leading to a rectangular hall that precedes the tomb chamber, which is octagonal in plan and crowned by a tiled conical dome, 19 meters in height. The mausoleum is built of mud and baked brick and bears remains of painted plaster in the interior.
Naraqi, Hasan. 1969. Asar-e Tarikhi-ye Shahrestanha-ye Kashan va Natanz [Historical Monuments of Kashan and Natanz]. Tehran: Anjoman-e Asar-e Mellei, 186-188.