This mosque, located in he east part of the Jallum quarter, was reconstructed in 1790 to accommodate a mausoleum for Sheikh Mohammed Hilal Ram Hamdani. Over time the mosque's role evolved into a place where pilgrims could meditate in seclusion for 40 days. To house these people cells were added on three floors. The complex also has many tombs of clerics and religious leaders.
Hadjar, Abdallah. Historical Monuments of Aleppo. Aleppo: Automobile and Touring Club of Syria (ATCS). 119-120.