Al-Shabaniyya Madrasa is located in the Faraffera district. It was founded by Shaaban Agha in 1677. The building consists of traditional architectural elements including a large sahn surrounded by dome-covered peristyle.
Rihawi, Abdul Qader. 1979. Arabic Islamic Architecture in Syria. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. 233.
Al-Homsi, Fayez. 1983. Old Aleppo. Damascus: Ministry of Culture and National Heritage Publishing. 49.