The original mosque on the site was Almoravid, constructed by Yusuf ibn Tashfin (r. 1061-1106/453-499 AH), but substantially rebuilt in 1136/530 AH by his son 'Ali Ibn Yusuf (r.
1106-1143/500-537 AH). The minaret and dome were added
ca. 1236 by Yaghmorasan Ibn Zyan (r. ca.1235-1283/632-683 AH).
الجامع الكبير (Original)
Great Mosque of Tlemcen (Translated)
Djama'a Kebir (Alternate transliteration)
Grand Mosquée de Tlemcen (Translated)
جامع تلمسان الكبير (Original)
ca. 1082/474 AH, rebuilt 1136/530 AH, dome and minaret ca. 1236/633 AH