Majallat al-'Imarah (also titled Emara, Alemara Alefoun) was published between 1939-1950, with the exception of 1943-1944. The publication was later continued as "Majallat al-Imarah wa-al-Funun" between 1952-1959.
Largely the project of editor Sayyid Karim, Majallat al-Imarah presented contemporary architecture in pre-war and post-war Cairo. We have preserved the advertisements and other pages that do not form parts of each issue's actual articles, with the exception of some blank pages. Many of the issues (but not all) retain their original covers.
ArchNet's copies of Majallat al-'Imarah were sourced at the Fine Arts Library of the Harvard College Library. All of Harvard's holdings of this periodical are available in page-turner format at this stable URL: http://pds.lib.harvard.edu/pds/view/17512206.
More information about Majallat al-'Imarah may be found in this monograph:
Volait, Mercedes. 1988. L'architecture moderne en Egypte et la revue al-'Imara (1939-1959). Le Caire: Centre d'études et de documentation économique, juridique et sociale (CEDEJ).
ArchNet thanks the family of Sayyid Karim for their gracious permission to display these volumes on ArchNet.