Jean-François Zevaco was born in Casablanca and educated at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, graduating in 1945. He established a private practice in Morocco where he has designed educational facilities, government buildings, industrial buildings, and sports facilities. He was a member of the Group of Moroccan Modern Architects (GAMMA), a group affiliated with the International Congress of Modern Architecture (CIAM), led by Michel Écochard.
The site is a 5,465 square meter irregularly shaped parcel of land on a main axis of Agadir. The lunate plan is truncated at both points to provide an entrance to the courtyard. The 32 meter high drying tower stands immediately within the gate. Offices, service and support facilities are distributed throughout the narrower portions of the crescent. Vehicle shelters occupy the wider sections. The three-storey residential unit is a rectangular block cantilevered from the east wall of the station. Barracks, ambulance drivers rooms and eating and sanitary facilities occupy the first level. Four staff apartments constitute the two upper floors.