Jean-François Zevaco was born in Casablanca and educated at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, graduating in 1945. He established a private practice in Morocco where he has designed educational facilities, government buildings, industrial buildings, and sports facilities. He was a member of the Group of Moroccan Modern Architects (GAMMA), a group affiliated with the International Congress of Modern Architecture (CIAM), led by Michel Écochard.
The regional administration structure which is housed in a two-storey structure includes staff apartments. The 4350 square meter site is located in a mixed use area characterized by low-rise buildings. A concrete ramp leads to the main entrance used by both the public and the staff. The two apartments on the second level are served by a stair leading from the garden to a skylit entrance. The kitchens and open-air laundries form the central service core which divides the symmetrical plan along the axis of the entrance stair. The living and sleeping rooms lie along the perimeter, taking advantage of the natural light.