Jean-François Zevaco was born in Casablanca and educated at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, graduating in 1945. He established a private practice in Morocco where he has designed educational facilities, government buildings, industrial buildings, and sports facilities. He was a member of the Group of Moroccan Modern Architects (GAMMA), a group affiliated with the International Congress of Modern Architecture (CIAM), led by Michel Écochard.
The post office is part of the architectural ensemble adjacent to the Agadir town square. The three-storey structure accommodates storage rooms, sanitary facilities and a garage on the basement level. On the ground floor, a concrete canopy shields the entrance leading into the public service area. This room is the focus for the surrounding office, telecommunications rooms, mail-handling area and customs control. Two staff apartments sit on the terrace formed by the roof.