Seyed Hadi Mirmiran, born in 1945 in Qazvin, received his M.A in architecture from the faculty of fine arts, Tehran University with a first rate ranking, in 1968. His professional life can be divided into three periods: from 1968 to 1979 he was the chief architect in architectural workshop of National Iranian steel Company, Town planning Department; from 1980 to 1988 he was the chief architect in design department of Khanesazi-e-Iran Company and the chief architect in the design department of Isfahan's General office of housing and urban development; and, from 1988 to present he has been the director and the principal architect of NJP Consulting Engineers.
Source: Official Website of the Naqsh,e,Jahan Pars Consulting Engineers. http://www.njp-arch.com/. [Accessed January 17, 2007]
This project is inspired by Iranian-Islamic architectural tradition but is contemporary in form and materials, being concrete frame structures clad in curtain walling. The embassy is conceived as a private pavilion amidst an inner garden - a Koushk - connected via a body of water to a public entrance building, which is the consulate. The water creates an axis that continues to the glass covered conference hall within the embassy. The combination of glass, water and light create a boundless quality so that the internal space seems a continuation of the external. Decreasing matter and increasing space in this manner is intrinsic to Persian tradition.