Building Technology
Education in architecture

I am a civil engineering student from Pakistan. I am always inspired by art and architecture.

Are there any programes in universities, either in Pakistan or some other country, where civil engineers can also apply for a post-graduate degree in architecture, conservation or some related programme?
Rizwan Karim
Education in architecture
Dear Rizwan,

I'll give you some information on programs on the U.S.

M.I.T.'s post-graduate S.M.Arch.S. program may fit your interest, and is quite flexible. But, it is a two-year non-professional degree.

If you are interested in getting a professional degree in architecture rather than doing some research along the lines of your interests (i.e. a degree that will allow you to work as a practising architect), then you will need to do a three-year (and in some places, a three and a half year) M.Arch. degree, which allows post-university students become architects regardless of their background.

Good luck!
Ozgur Basak Alkan


This site is adjusted only for landscape mode. Please rotate your device for properly using
We are sorry, we are still working on adjusting for Metro IE. Please use another browser for the best experience with our site.