Italian Franciscan Monks built a chapel on the western end of the gardens of the Italian Consulate in 1927. In 1939 construction began on the larger Church that occupies the property now. In the semi-domed alcove was a marble altar. Behind it was a large wooden cross, and stained glass windows. The church also had an electric organ, and was one of the largest in Tangier.
It is not clear if the facility is currently in use. The bells in the bell tower have been removed.
Roca, Juan Ramón. Tangier and Its Surroundings, Assilah and Chefchaouen an Illustrated Guide. Alicante (C/ San Carlos, 93, 03013 Alicante): J.R. Roca, 2011.