The prayer hall of this coastal mosque dates from 1738 and had been subsumed by subsequent reconstruction that did not follow preservation principles. The first move was to strip away the newer interventions and strengthen the original hall with steel supports. This was then contained at the heart of a new mosque building with a reinforced concrete structure. A tall minaret was added as an urban marker visible from the sea. A women’s prayer hall was added at first floor level and several new access routes established through the surrounding urban fabric, including a dedicated women’s entrance. Up to 430 worshippers now gather for the daily prayers in the old hall.