Natural cooling techniques were not an option but a necessity for this school, as it initially had no fixed electricity supply. The building is organised around two courtyards, oriented to take advantage of the prevailing southwest breeze. Deep verandahs shade each classroom. The architectural style responds to the school board's desire for a measure of historical continuity with the original school, which was founded in 1885 by a group of Sindhi Muslims to promote a non-elitist westernised model of education. Load-bearing walls are made of concrete blocks, ceilings are of fair-face concrete.