The Andalus Garden was established in 1929 by Zulfugar Pasha as a present to his wife. It overlooks the Nile and has three sections: the first, al-Ferdous with an arabesque design and architecture; the second, in an Andalusian style with mosaic steps and a royal hall; and the third, a Pharaonic section with replicas from ancient Egyptian statues. This garden covers an area of 8,400 square metres.
The garden is currently administered by the Department of Special Gardens, Cairo Governorate. Admission is charged.
El Messiri, Nawal. "A Changing Perception of Public Gardens". 2004. Cairo: Revitalising a Historic Metropolis. (Stefano Bianca and Philip Jodidio, eds.) Turin: Umberto Allemandi & C. for Aga Khan Trust for Culture, 221-233.