Salimullah Muslim Hall was inaugurated on 11 August 1931 as a university hall for the students of Dhaka University. It is named after Nawab Sir Khwaja Salimullah Bahadur. Among the residential halls of Dhaka University Salimullah Muslim Hall holds a special status due to its architectural heritage.
Salimullah Muslim Hall, built in August 1929 as a university hall, is a two-story building is laid out around an inner courtyard over which its four wings overlook. Continuous varendahs on the inner facades run in front of rows of residential rooms. The building faces south and has an arched entrance in the centre of the south wing which is flanked on either side by square towers, each crowned with a bulbous dome which is decorated with yellow glazed tiles. The southern frontage of the building also has a continuous verandah and subsidiary porches. Its four corners are provided with square projections which are crowned by triple domes.