Al-Raml mosque, built in the year of 1702, was the second mosque to be built in Acre (the first was al-Bahr mosque), to serve the expanding population and a city recovering after a long period of stagnation. The mosque was built on the remains of a Crusader church by Haj Muhammad Abu al-Shaykh Khalil al-Sha'bi. The endowment of the mosque, also known as al-Sha`bi mosque, included the opulent Hammam known as Hammam al-Sha`bi.
The mosque is approached from a covered street that serves today as the central market of Acre. Its irregular courtyard is flanked on the south and east with an L shaped arcade whose eastern wing leads to a domed rectangular prayer hall and to a small minaret.
Dichter, Bernhard. 2000. Akko-Sites from the Turkish Period. Haifa: University of Haifa,.98-101
Petersen, Andrew. 2001. A Gazetteer of Buildings in Muslim Palestine: Part 1.Oxford: Oxford University Press, 79