The Ribat-Mausoleum of Shaykh Yusuf al-'Ajami al-'Adawi and of Shaykh Muhibb al-Din Abu al-Faraj (the so-called Mausoleum of Mustafa Pasha) was built by the Mamluk Amir Azdamir al-Salihi around 1267-73. It consists of an almost square courtyard on the qibla side of which opens a large iwan. Facing this iwan across the courtyard is the cross-vaulted vestibule.
The lateral sides of the courtyard are occupied by tunnel-vaulted cells. Incorporating a domed mausoleum into one of the corners of this rectangular structure, instead of merely attaching it, is an innovation which might be explained by the fact that the builder of the shrine was also the resident shaykh. Interlacing loops decorate the voussoirs around the entrance, a feature previously unknown in Cairene monuments, and which first appeared in Syria. This carving displays, among other patterns, Kufic ornaments of an Andalusian or Maghribi character.