All that remains of this large courtyard mosque, built by Qawsun, the amir of al-Nasir Muhammad, in 1330/730 AH is some of the stucco grilled windows in the perimeter walls, along with the simple stone arched northern gate. Most of the mosque was demolished during the construction of Sharia Muhammad 'Ali from 1845-1870/1260-1286 AH, and the present mosque on the iste was completely rebuilt by 'Abbas II in 1893/1311 AH.
Warner, Nicholas. The monuments of historic Cairo: a map and descriptive catalogue, 102. Cairo: American University in Cairo Press, 2005.
Williams, Caroline. Islamic monuments in Cairo : the practical guide, 110. Cairo: American University in Cairo Press, 2008.