Masjid ar-Rahman is a storefront mosque located in the basement of a mixed-use commercial and residential building constructed ca. 1910. There are two street-level entrances, for men and for women, that lead to the prayer hall. The prayer hall has a tiled mihrab and qibla wall, with patterned tiles along the walls and columns of the space as well. Movable walls are used to create a women's area.