The funerary complex of Badr ad-Din Hasan, nicknamed Lala (the "Receiver"), foster-brother of atabeg (governor) Nur ad-Din and one of Damascus' main emirs (late twelfth century). The mausoleum has a ribbed dome and there is preserved almost intact the set of paintings that adorned the interior with floral tracery, inscriptions in Kufic and naskhi, flower vases and lamps.
Source: Sauvaget, Jean. Les monuments historiques de Damas. Beirut: Les presses de l'IFPO, 1932