Conservation Report on the Aqsunqur Mosque. Geneva: Aga Khan Trust for Culture, 2012.
Aqsunqur Mosque, known as the Blue Mosque, was built in 1347. The conservation
project was one of
several monument restorations undertaken by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture as
part of a larger Al-Darb al-Ahmar Urban Regeneration Project. Coordinated
by the Aga Khan Cultural Services-Egypt, the local agency of the Aga Khan Trust
for Culture, and carried
out under the supervision of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, the project
was co-funded by the World Monuments Fund and the Aga Khan Trust for Culture.
Restoration commenced in
June 2009 and was completed at the end of 2012.
This report, which includes and archaeaological survey and structural analysis report as its annex, documents in text, drawings and images, documents the processes undertaken by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture to restore the mosque.