Seyed Hadi Mirmiran, born in 1945 in Qazvin, received his M.A in architecture from the faculty of fine arts, Tehran University with a first rate ranking, in 1968. His professional life can be divided into three periods: from 1968 to 1979 he was the chief architect in architectural workshop of National Iranian steel Company, Town planning Department; from 1980 to 1988 he was the chief architect in design department of Khanesazi-e-Iran Company and the chief architect in the design department of Isfahan's General office of housing and urban development; and, from 1988 to present he has been the director and the principal architect of NJP Consulting Engineers.
Source: Official Website of the Naqsh,e,Jahan Pars Consulting Engineers. http://www.njp-arch.com/. [Accessed January 17, 2007]
The exterior of the Tehran Bar Association represents the idea of 'justice' through an abstraction of the form of a giant balance (defined by brass and copper cladding). The interior strives for maximum transparency -- even for a 'sense of floating' -- with offices organised in two vertical volumes divided by a light shaft that widens as it proceeds upwards.